Friday 9 March 2018

Review: Bring me Back by B.A Paris

Bring Me Back
The Disappearance
Twelve years ago Finn’s girlfriend disappeared.

The Suspicion
He told the police the truth about that night.
Just not quite the whole truth.

The Fear
Now Finn has moved on.
But his past won’t stay buried…

Shona's review 4 of 5 stars

I struggled with this book a little, not because the story dragged but because i had a hard time connecting with any of the characters. I didn't like Finn, I was incredibly suspicious of him from the very beginning, more so after realising he lied to the police. I didn't like Layla particularly, found her to be very flighty and manipulating. And Ellen, she just seemed to be the quiet doormat in Finn's life. Despite that, I found the book to be utterly gripping.

This isn't my first time reading a book by Paris, I have read both of her previous books and thoroughly enjoyed them, so I had an a good idea of what I was getting myself in to when I requested a copy of this for review, and perhaps it was because of this I knew fairly early on, the truth of Layla's disappearance. I had thought that it may spoil the book for me, but I found Paris had kept quite a few secrets hidden that aren't revealed until the final pages of the book.

Paris has yet again provided us the reader with a book that will keep you on the edge of your seat til the end and will not disappoint.

**Available to buy today**

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.