Friday 3 November 2017

Review: The Ghostwriter by Alessandra Torre

The GhostwriterFour years ago, I lied. I stood in front of the police, my friends and family, and made up a story, my best one yet. And all of them believed me.

I wasn't surprised. Telling stories is what made me famous. Fifteen bestsellers. Millions of fans. Fame and fortune.

Now, I have one last story to write. It'll be my best one yet, with a jaw-dropping twist that will leave them stunned and gasping for breath.

They say that sticks and stones will break your bones, but this story? It will be the one that kills me.


This book is not a romance. It is contemporary fiction, but very suspenseful in nature. It is about a famous romance author and a dark secret she keeps.

Claire's Rating 5 of 5 Stars


I am ashamed to say that this is my first ever Alessandra Torre book, although she has always been on my tbr list, I have never gotten around to reading anything until now. The synopsis of this book really intrigued me and I couldn't wait to start it.

This is the story of an author called Helena Ross, who has been told she has 3 months left to live. Helena wants to write one final book before she dies, a book full of so many truths about her life. However, with the side effects from the medication, Helena cannot write this story alone and so she decides to bring in her enemy in the book world to ghostwrite the story.

Putting this review into words is so hard for me, this book truly was everything, and stayed with me when I had to put it down to face real life, and has stayed with me for days after I finished it. Being a mother, and also having a daughter called Bethany, made parts of this story really hit me hard and I found myself, not so much in tears but having to stop and take a deep breath to take in the life that was Helena and what she had gone through. I can say at times I really didn't like Helena as a character but at the same time she felt real, and part of me could understand why she behaved the way she did.

A fantastic read, and totally not what you expect it to be! A must read!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.