Friday 5 May 2017

REVIEW: The First Time Mums' Club by Lucie Wheeler

The First Time Mums' Club
Meet Pippa…
After years of trying and a failed IVF attempt, Pippa is thrilled to see two little lines appear on a pregnancy test. Finally a precious baby to call her own. This is all Pippa has ever wanted…if only husband Jason could show just a little excitement.
Imogen…
A baby is the icing on the cake for Imogen and Alice – proof that their love for each other can overcome any obstacle. But when Imogen starts receiving malicious texts, it's clear that not everyone is thrilled about the girls' good news.
And Ellie…
A drunken one-night stand and Ellie's life is ruined! Pregnant, jobless and the relationship with her best friend, Chris, over- forever. Because Chris just happens to be the father of Ellie's baby…and potentially the love of her life!
For these first time mums the road to motherhood is bumpier than most!

Claire's Review 5 of 5 Stars

I was in the middle of a book slump when I decided to give this book a go, after reading the blurb and wanting a nice easy read to get my reading mojo back! All I can say now is that Lucie Wheeler has earn't herself another fan as this book was brilliant.

The First Time Mums' Club was about a small group of woman, all with their own stories and things going on behind closed doors, but with one thing in common....they are all pregnant with their first child. After her sister falls pregnant and comes to stay, cafe owner Zoe decides to start the group in the cafe to support first time mums and to help her sister, but little did she know that this group would turn into long lasting friendships.

I loved all the characters in this book! Each one was so real and I felt as if I knew these people personally! It's not easy when you fall pregnant with your first. especially when you have lots of other things going on in your life and this book faces these problems in an emotional but also a fun way. I actually really wish I had had a support network when I went through my pregnancies like these group of woman do.

A fab read and I cannot wait to read more of Lucies work in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.