Tuesday 7 February 2017

Review: The Affair by Amanda Brooke


The Affair: A shocking story of a schoolgirl and a scandalA shocking story about a fifteen-year-old girl and the man who took advantage of her

“You might as well know from the start, I’m not going to tell on him and I don’t care how much trouble I get in. It’s not like it could get any worse than it already is.

I can’t. Don’t ask me why, I just can’t.”

When Nina finds out that her fifteen-year-old daughter, Scarlett, is pregnant, her world falls apart.

Because Scarlet won’t tell anyone who the father is. And Nina is scared that the answer will destroy everything.

As the suspects mount – from Scarlett’s teacher to Nina’s new husband of less than a year – Nina searches for the truth: no matter what the cost.


Claire's Review 5 of 5 Stars


It's no secret that I am a massive fan of Amanda Brooke, and as soon as I heard about this book and read the blurb, I just knew I had to read it as soon as I could!

The Affair is the story of Nina and her teenage daughter who tells her that she is pregnant, but who is refusing to reveal who the father of the baby is. The story is told in multiple points of view of different characters and jumps between the past and the present. This was not an easy story to guess the outcome and I found myself second guessing myself every other page, and I was very disappointed when things were revealed as I was really hoping it wasn't going to be who I thought it was.

I loved the story although I must admit I did at times feel that the story had sections that were not relevant and that could easily have been glossed over, and they frustrated me a little as I wanted to know the outcome that wasnt given to me easily, and I felt that these parts were added to bulk out the book rather than enhance the story.

Overall it is another fantastic read from Amanda Brooke! Roll on her next release!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.