Monday 27 February 2017

Defy by L.J Shen

Defy is a smutty, insta-love, insta-lust short novella. Defy is a prequel to Vicious (Sinners of Saint #1). It is recommended, but unnecessary, to read Defy before reading Vicious.
First included in Hot for Teacher Anthology: 19 Stories Filled with Lust and Love.

My name is Melody Greene, and I have a confession to make.
I slept with my student, a senior in high school.
Multiple times.
I had multiple orgasms.
In multiple positions.
I slept with my student and I enjoyed it.
I slept with my student and I’d do it all over again if I could turn back time.
My name is Melody Greene, and I got kicked out of my position as a teacher and did my walk of shame a la Cersei Lannister from the principal’s office, minutes after said principal threatened to call the cops on me.
My name is Melody Greene, and I did something bad because it made me feel good.
Here is why it was totally worth it.

Claires review 5 of 5 stars

I think I can safely say that LJ Shen is becoming one of my 'go to' authors, especially when in a book funk as so far her books have managed to pull me out of them. I cannot get enough of her books at the moment, and after reading Vicious I couldn't wait to get my hands on Defy, and I wasn't left disappointed.

Defy is the prequal to Vicious and the story of how Jamie got together with his teacher, Melody Green which we hear about in Vicious. It is a great insight into Jamie and of course, we get to see lots more of the Hotholes! The Hotholes are just that....Hot and Arseholes, but at the same time you cant help but love them as well as hate them at the same time!

This was an amazing forbidden romance, between teacher and pupil and LJ Shen does an amazing job at playing out the story, and including everything it needs in a novella without the story feeling rushed or that parts were missed!

I truly cannot wait to see what the next book in series has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.