Tuesday 17 January 2017

Review: Vicious by LJ Shen

Vicious (Sinners of Saint #1)Emilia

They say love and hate are the same feelings experienced under different circumstances, and it’s true. 
The man who comes to me in my dreams also haunts me in my nightmares. 
He is a brilliant lawyer. 
A skilled criminal. 
A beautiful liar. 
A bully and a savior, a monster and a lover. 
Ten years ago, he made me run away from the small town where we lived. Now, he came for me in New York, and he isn’t leaving until he takes me with him. 

Vicious

She is a starving artist. 
Pretty and evasive like cherry blossom. 
Ten years ago, she barged into my life unannounced and turned everything upside down. 
She paid the price. 
Emilia LeBlanc is completely off-limits, my best friend’s ex-girlfriend. The woman who knows my darkest secret, and the daughter of the cheap Help we hired to take care of our estate. 
That should deter me from chasing her, but it doesn’t. 
So she hates me. Big fucking deal. 
She better get used to me.



Claire's Review 5 of 5 Stars

I am relatively new to LJ Shen's work, but I fell in love with her words and style of writing after reading Blood to Dust (A must read!) and so I was very excited to get my hands on Vicious, and I wasn't left disappointed!

Vicious is the story of Baron 'Vicious' Spencer, who had led a very privileged lifestyle and was born into money, and Emila LeBlanc who was 'The Help'. The pair cross paths when Emilia's parents move into the mansion owned by the Spencers and working for Vicious. He torments her by stealing her things and doing whatever he can to make her life miserable.

Fast forward ten years and Emilia thinks she has left Vicious well behind her until she hits rock bottom while living in New York and a surprise encounter with Vicious leaves her with an offer she cannot refuse.

This book was incredible! You cannot help but love and hate Vicious at the same time! This book was so addictive that once you begin you won't want to put it down until the very last page!

LJ Shen is most definitely an author to be looking out for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.