Tuesday 6 September 2016

Review: The One Real Thing by Samantha Young

The One Real Thing (Hart's Boardwalk, #1)
Welcome to Hartwell, a quiet seaside escape where uncovering old secrets could lead one woman to discover the meaning of a love that lasts…
While Doctor Jessica Huntington engages with the inmates at the women’s correctional facility where she works, she’s always careful to avoid emotional attachments in her personal life. Loss and betrayal taught her that lesson long ago. But when she comes across a set of old love letters in the prison’s library and visits the picturesque town of Hartwell to deliver them to their intended recipient, she finds herself unable to resist the town’s charm—and her attraction to the sexy owner of a local bar proves equally hard to deny.
Since his divorce from his unfaithful ex-wife, Cooper Lawson has focused on what really matters: his family and the boardwalk pub they’ve owned for generations. But the first time Jessica steps into his bar, Cooper is beyond tempted to risk his heart on her. Yet as their attraction grows hotter and Jessica remains stubbornly closed off, he begins to realize it will take more than just passion to convince her there’s only one real thing in life worth fighting for….

Kerry's review 5 of 5 stars

I finished this book over a week ago and I still don't know what to say in my review! This book deserves more than 5 stars personally.
I couldn't put this book down and when I had to I was waiting for the moment I could dive back into it. This isn't the first book I have read by Samantha Young I love her On Dublin Street series but this book has blew them out of the water for me.
The One Real Thing is book one in the Hartwell series I have been dying to get my hands on a copy of this book so imagine my utter excitement when I got a copy from Netgalley. Book one is about Jessica Huntington and Cooper Lawson. Jessica works in a woman's prison where she comes along some hidden letters addressed to a man in Hartwell, after reading them and having the family holiday she couldn't wait for cancelled she decides she is going to find this man and give him the letters he never received all those years ago.
Welcome to Hartwell! I instantly fell in love with this little town! It sound perfect, small town friendly people a lovely homey feel. The main centre of the town is down on the boardwalk where there is many businesses with lovely owners waiting to greet you. This is where we meet Cooper Lawson and the fun begins. Sexual tension anyone? Hot isn't even the word for the attraction between Jessica and Cooper, We find out early on that Jessica has a secret and that was another reason I couldn't read this book quick enough I was dying to know what it was and I was surprised that when we do find out it isn't the usual secret that is easily guessed I had no idea what we were going to hear.
All the side characters make this book even better I was laughing out loud with the banter they all had together and how loyal they were to one another it sets up for an amazing series I already can't wait to get my hands on book two!
I can't praise this book anymore I have been telling anyone who will listen to look for this book when it is released in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.