Tuesday 26 July 2016

Review: Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Me Before You (Me Before You, #1)
Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.
What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.
Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.
What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.


Kerry's 5 out of 5 star review

I get scared reading books that have so much hype about them incase I'm not like everyone else and hate it. Luckily this isn't the case for me. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
The banter between Louisa and Will kept me going after finding out how the book would end. I secretly held out hope that he would change his mind and they would live happily ever after.
I seem to be a glutton for punishment as the last 3 or 4 books I have read haven't ended in the usual HEA but just like all the others I think this book was written well enough that I don't hate the author for how it ends.
I can't wait to see the film even though they never do the books justice, my sister happens to be coming with me to see it and I know she will never read the book as she isn't a book person so it will be interesting to see how she takes the film. Now that I have finished this I will need to get After You to see what becomes of Louisa's life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.