Wednesday 22 June 2016

Review: A Game Of Thrones by George R.R. Martin


A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)Summers span decades. Winter can last a lifetime. And the struggle for the Iron Throne has begun.
As Warden of the north, Lord Eddard Stark counts it a curse when King Robert bestows on him the office of the Hand. His honour weighs him down at court where a true man does what he will, not what he must … and a dead enemy is a thing of beauty.
The old gods have no power in the south, Stark’s family is split and there is treachery at court. Worse, the vengeance-mad heir of the deposed Dragon King has grown to maturity in exile in the Free Cities. He claims the Iron Throne.


Kerry's 5 out of 5 star review

Welcome to the Seven Kingdoms!
Love, death, war, betrayal, family this books has everything. I have always said that books are better than the tv shows or movies they are adapted to and this book is no different. I don't know why I have never read this book before as I love the tv show. Now that I have finally finished it some things make more sense after obviously being left out of the show. I was worried I would get confused with all the characters but surprisingly I managed to keep up. Onto book 2 now in the hopes that I can read it just as quick as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.