Friday 18 March 2016

Spotlight and Review: Leap Of Faith by ML Rodriguez

I met Jake when I was seventeen and at eighteen, I became his wife. The years that followed were enchanted, like a fairy tale romance.

Then, in the blink of an eye, my perfect world unraveled—I lost a part of myself and my dreams shattered around me.

At twenty-five, I was left a widow, pregnant, and mother of two.

Fast forward almost five years—I exist, but I don’t “live.” I had to learn to live without him, with only our memories and my tears. I raised our children, and I lived his dream, without a thought to myself.

That is, until the day at the stoplight, when a pair of violet eyes stared back at me. In that moment, the numbness started to disappear, and lightning hit, changing my world once again.


*This book one in La Flor Series and a standalone novel. 
**Contemporary Romance Novel, for MATURE audience.

Ikira's Review - 3.5 out of 5 stars

I really wanted to love this book - the blurb read to be intriguing and interesting. I had issues with some aspects of how Faith and Jake got together but I could easily forgive her because of her age. Who hasn't fallen head over heals with someone aged 17?! But Jake...his actions didn't seem right - he should've known better given his own circumstances.

Anyway, having gotten past that, I read on and I began to really get into it. The love story was beautiful and I was devastated when their world was torn apart. Faith seemed a totally devoted mother - her girls were her world and that resonated with me as my life revolves around mine. I liked Faith, I adored the girls - they were such characters, especially little Skylar...and then along came Zane.

I felt off about Zane to begin with, like he had an alternative motive and he seemed to just push into their lives too quickly. That's an alpha male for you. I have to admit I don't like that type of person but still, that feeling stayed a while but reading on and seeing Faith become happier and more alive took it away.

The title of Part 3 made me concerned and those concerns were confirmed. Can this family take any more??? This chapter reveals so much about both Faith and Zane, it started to answer a few of my earlier questions and I really enjoyed some of the parts pertaining to Faiths secret. I think the writer could have done so much more with that side of her life in the story and I've been left wanting a little.

Overall, this was a romance novel with all the requisite ups and downs with a few extra secrets for good measure. If you're happy with that, you'll love this...I guess I just wanted a little bit more!

Kerry's review

The blurb drew me into this book I couldn't wait to read it. Unfortunately for me this was a DNF. I love an insta love alpha male book but this one just didn't do it for me. The book started of really well I liked Faith, Jake and Rylee they are the perfect happy family and I'm glad they got that before tragedy struck. When Skylar is introduced I instantly loved her she sounds like a little handful. I liked all of the side characters they all seem to have their own thing going on, I would love to know what horrible thing happened to Julia.
This is where I started to dislike the book. Zane, now like I have said I love an insta love and an alpha male but there was just something about the way Faith and Zane got together that just annoyed me. They see each other once in passing meet officially once and he has decided he want's her and she isn't really getting much choice in the matter.
I know there is more to this story as to why Zane want's to be with Faith I just can't get to it. I'm really gutted I couldn't finish this book as it does seem that I am missing the OMG moment.

*****

ML is stationed overseas with her husband and two children. Her obsessions include Luke Bryan, Brantley Gilbert, her mother's cooking (especially her breakfast tacos), wild berry skittles, coffee, dark chocolate, the color purple, and romance novels—the happily ever after kind, of course.

After years of comments from her husband to write and a chance meeting by the city pool where she met one of her favorite authors, ML decided to take a leap of faith into the amazing and exciting world of writing. Terrified, nervous, and with a stomach full of butterflies, she published her debut novel, Leap of Faith, and her second novel, Imperfectly Beautiful, will release 26 January 2016.

Author Links

Facebook  /  Twitter  /  Goodreads  /  Tsu

Book Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.