Sunday 21 February 2016

Spotlight and Review: Moment of Weakness by Katie Fox


Twenty-year-old Julia Parker has the ideal life. She comes from a wealthy family, has the perfect boyfriend, and plans to spend the summer in Europe. However, nothing is ever what it seems. It has been thirteen years since her mother's unexpected death, and the pain she still feels is something she keeps hidden beneath the surface.

But for the second time in her life, everything's about to change.
After discovering her roommate and boyfriend having an affair, she's forced to spend the summer at home. Only, she won't be alone. Recent events have caused an increase in security, and her personal detail is nothing like she expected.
At twenty-five, Roman Hayes is one of the youngest in his field. His only focus is his assignment. But when a moment of weakness between him and Julia lead to several more, they are both left to question what is happening between them. Julia soon learns Roman may just hold the answers to the questions she's spent her entire life asking. But when all is revealed, will she be able to handle the truth? More importantly, can she find it in her heart to still love the one person she thought she knew?

Shona's review 4 of 5 stars

I was going to say  this is the first book I have read written by Katie Fox, but since it is her debut novel that's pretty obvious. I found this to be an incredibly quick read, and was so well written I struggled to put the kindle down. If this is the standard of writing we can expect from Fox then I am definitely interested in her future books.

Whilst I enjoyed for the most part Julia and Romans blossoming feelings, I did find them just ever so slightly too back and forth. I was starting to get whiplash. At the end of one chapter they would be ignoring each other and Julia would be seething because he had rejected her and in the next chapter they would be talking and things would be fine. But when they were enjoying each other the scenes were on point.

This book features heavily on the relationship between Julia and Roman, but it does feature some pretty tense suspense filled scenes that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Kerry's review 4 out of 5 stars

First book in the series and wow what a way to kick it off! Also happens to be the authors first book so well done to you it was amazing. I loved Julia's story and most defiantly can't wait for Romans. 
This book broke my heart from the get go the pain I felt for both Julia and Roman was unreal but so worth the read. When I finally got into the book I couldn't put it down and I actually cancelled a few plans I had so I could keep reading, you are just sucked in from page one. What I really liked about Julia was that yes she had money but in no way was she a snob about it I have stopped reading many books as this is something I can't stand. I'm so glad I got to read this book and can't wait for the rest of the series. Without revealing too much this book will have you crying laughing and loving every moment of it. 



Author Bio:

Katie Fox was born in Florida and raised in Pennsylvania, where she still resides with her husband and son. A hopeless romantic, she is a sucker for a good love story. Since a very young age, writing has been her passion. When she isn't found with her nose buried in a book, she's usually in her writing cave giving life to the voices in her head. Moment of Weakness is her debut novel.

Author Links

Goodreads  /  Facebook  /  Twitter  /  Website

Book Links




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.