Wednesday 25 November 2015

Author Interview: Claire Thake

In the interview seat this week is the lovely Claire Thake.

Claire has always had a dream to write and publish a novel, but despite stopping and starting several times, did not make her dream a reality until she made the decision to participate in NaNoWriMo 2014, where she succeeded to complete the 50k words challenge.

Claire currently lives in Rochester in Kent, with her husband and 3 daughters.
Web  /  Facebook  /  Goodreads  /  Amazon  /  Twitter

Hello Claire, welcome to Booky Ramblings of a Neurotic Mom
Was there anything particular that inspired you to start your journey of being an author?

I’ve always had a dream to write since I was young, yet never pushed myself hard enough as I didn’t think I was good enough, and I have so many stories that were started and never finished. I then had a opportunity to write a story for an anthology, and despite not being chosen to be published, I was proud I had done it and it inspired me to go that one step further and write a novel. It was a case of take the chance and push myself to follow my dream or give up all together.

What would you say is the hardest part of writing/publishing a book for you?
The publicity side of it, since I am self published. Getting the word out is harder than you can ever imagine.

If you could only read four books for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Such a hard question! Do series count?
Harry Potter,
The Twilight Saga, 
Rule by Jay Crownover, and 
The Morganville Vampires Series by Rachel Caine.

Do you and your main character share any personality traits?
A few I guess, Carrie has a very low self esteem, and worries too much about what people think, and I’m very similar.

If you could live in any book what book would it be?
Harry Potter!

Where do your ideas for your books come from? Dreams? Music?
Music is a very big influence as well as things that have happened in my life. My stories are different to my life but there are always influences from my day to day.

Any advice for aspiring authors?
Just go for it! For no one else but yourself. Unless you push yourself and get the words written, you will never know what you are capable of, and be proud of what you write!

Revive

Carrie had a wonderful life, a loving husband and her future all planned out, until a terrible accident changed her life. To hide away from all her pain and loss she pushed everyone away and threw herself into her career. That was until she received some news that would change her life once again.

Can Carrie accept the past and change her future for the better?

Book Links

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.