Friday 4 September 2015

Write For Me Review

Write For MeWrite For Me by Michelle Holt

My name is Bently Young. I wouldn’t say I’m an angry person. In fact my life had been like a bubble gum infused sundae topped with happiness sprinkles up until the age of when I could date. And I started to date a lot. Guys were fun at first, a nice dinner, someone to tell me I was pretty and laugh at my sarcastic jokes. But then the little creeps started showing their true colors. And they were not my favorite colors. They were like barf green and overripe fungus tangerine. And it made me angry.
Swearing off dating all together was too drastic, but I sure wanted to not do it for a while. I had my family and friends to keep me occupied. I didn’t need a man to take me to cheesy restaurants. One could only eat so much free bread and butter. Life could keep zooming along without the necessity of someone with chest hair being around.
Oh but then I met Josh. If I could have just never known he existed, all would have been fine. Of course, I don’t mean that because if I never knew he was in the world, my own world would have been an awful place. He makes me want to dance under a happiness sprinkle hail storm. Pretty much he is gorgeous and has the insane ability to use his words to make my heart float out of my chest. That made things a lot better when everything else I knew in my life decided to implode. But we weren’t immune to the black hole of horribleness either.
Ours is an epic love story and I just happened to write it down for you…

Kerry's review 4 out of 5 stars

This book broke my heart! I cried so much I wasn't even sure if I wanted to keep going but I'm glad I did! I thought it was going to be a light read from the blurb but I was seriously mistaken. Bentley had this perfect family life that is quickly ripped away from her and in no way was she prepared for it. Bentley and Josh are perfect for each other they have both suffered tragedies in their life's and need each other to get through. Add in a scheming ex and Josh's mum not liking Bentley at all she has a lot to overcome.
This story is so different from anything I have read lately at one point I thought there wasn't going to be a HEA and was shouting at my kindle. Both characters writing letters to each other was lovely it's so much better than the usual texting that I see happening in a lot of books lately. I can't give this author enough praise for this book. The only reason it isn't a 5 star read for me as I found some of the scenes a bit childish and a far fetched. I would read more from this author as this was the first book of hers I had read so went in totally blind but I'm glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think about our posts. Don't be shy, say hi.